Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Jan/ Feb 2007 trip

Hi everyone .



I%26#39;m travelling for the last 6 months, and am heading to Nepal for as long as i want!!



Ive booked a hotel for a week or less( to aclimatise coming from Thailand) in Nagarkot. If anybody would like to offer some trek suggestions, they%26#39;d be most welcome.



I%26#39;m arriving on 18th January. If anyone is interested in meeting up for some treking, drop me a line.



Cheers.



Ray



Jan/ Feb 2007 trip




Beautiful place to stay in nagarkot. you may do your trek in ghorapani/ghandruk which lie in the Annapurna region.





andrewhaul



Jan/ Feb 2007 trip


You will have so many options...................



I have trekked to Everest and done MBC and the western 1/2 of the annapurna circuit. Both were outstanding in different ways. Also, have spent time in Chitwan jungle and Pokhara.





Try emailing my sherpa, binod at





dbsubedi@wlink.com.np





he is in Kathmandu and can give you many suggestions and assistance




Thanks everyone for the advice.



By the way i%26#39;m not sure what level of trek i would be able for. Are there any %26#39;rules of thumb%26#39;?




trekking routes varry, how much hiking are you up to?? You can get by with as little as 4-5 miles a day (under 10 km), however, there will always be a few steep (up and down) days. Also, total miles are an issue. I think Everest route is around 34-36 miles roundtrip and elevations up to 16,000/17,500 ft.



Annapurna, the west 1/2 easier and elevations around 12,000.





Again, I%26#39;d encourage you to email my sherpa, Binod as he can offer many more suggestions that the few trips I%26#39;ve taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment