Tuesday, April 24, 2012

July travel around Kathmandu

Hey all,



I%26#39;m heading to Kathmandu in early July, and it%26#39;ll be my first time to Nepal, and though I figure it%26#39;s not necessary the best time to visit (weather-wise), it%26#39;ll be for a friend%26#39;s wedding as well.





My concern... how much hiking/trekking will we be able to do? I%26#39;m not talking about hard core trekking, maybe a 3 to 4-hour hike, such as the one from Nagarkot to Banepa via Nala. Would the trail be in serious deterioriated conditions that it%26#39;d be hard to find the trail or it%26#39;d even be in hazardous conditions?





Also, can anybody tell me if it%26#39;s safe to do those mountain flights in July? or if it%26#39;s worth it since I bet the skies would be overcasted and views towards Everest will be blocked?





Would appreciate your comments.





Thanks.



CHM



July travel around Kathmandu


CHM1



U will be in comfort with nagarkot/banepa or even godawari (fulhowky).





as with clouds the clear mountains will not be available in rainy seasons.





if u have time, visiting Pokhara is better option.



July travel around Kathmandu


Just to update you all... I came back to HK last week.



My trip to Kathmandu was great. It rained almost everyday, but mostly a heavy downpour of about 1 hour, and it pretty much dries up after another hour or so, because of the heat.





I actually find this time in the year might be better since there are less tourists, and the streets are essentially cleaned everyday by the downpour. From what I heard it%26#39;s a lot less dusty than the dry season.





Views of the high mountains were not available on the Valley floor, nor at Nagarkot, which was a disappointment. But we did manage to see them by taking a morning mountain flight at the cost of approx US$150 per person. Despite having doubts of the safety and the cost, it was well worth it. I highly recommend it.





On the contrary, although our flight back to HKG was supposed to fly by the mountains as well (on the left side of the plane), it was simply too cloudy to see anything. So I guess our decision to take the Mountain Flight was a wise choice.





Would LOVE to see Pokhara and do some trekking next time.



CHM

No comments:

Post a Comment