Wednesday, April 25, 2012

nepal strikes

I want to travel to Nepal next June-July and I would like to buy a tour package to Tibet from Kathmandu but I%26#39;m worried about transport strikes that can disrupt your holidays. Can anyone give me any tip on what to do in case of a transport strike the day you have to catch a flight, will you simply lose your flight or your tour package and your money?





I%26#39;ll appreciate any help. Thanks



Manuel





nepal strikes


Detrez::





During the summer season, I think there are two flights per week from Kathmandu to Lhasa, so if you are time flexible, they can probably arrange for later flight though you may have to have your travel permit changed. I would think there would be less problems if you are going overland. The local experts can give you better information on both of these. We have taken three trips to Asia since 2002, and we always purchase travel insurance, in case something unforseen, such as a strike happens. That way, a majority of your deposit or payment is protected. Fortunately we never had to collect!! On our October 06 trip to Tibet, we only paid for the air tickets and a small deposit, and paid for the rest, the day before we left.





I think one of the previous posters was correct in stating that things have calmed down quite a bit over the last several months. However, the Nepalese seem to have a special place in their hearts for calling strikes. Another alternative would be to enter Tibet through China, if you%26#39;re that concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment