Saturday, April 21, 2012

Clothing for October Visit

Can anyone please advise me on what I should be expecting temperature-wise in October? We need to travel quite lightly as we have internal flights so I do not want to take clothes that I may not need. I understand that the weather is fairly good in October but am I to expect warmer days, cooler evenings, etc?

We will be visiting Kathmandu, Chitwan and Pokhara.

Clothing for October Visit

I′m not too sure but I think you will need some kind of winter clothes, not too heavy though: ';Between October and March, lightweight clothes are worn inKathmandu, with a coat for evenings and warm clothing for the mountains'; (http://www.iexplore.com/dmap/Nepal/Weather+and+Climate).

The good news is that Kathmandu is a very good place to buy winter clothes (North Face brand especially) so you can just take a light jacket and in case it′s colder than you thought you can easily buy something nice and warm there.

Clothing for October Visit

We visited Nepal in October,2003, and again in 2005. In Kathmandu it was nice and warm in daytime, and needed a light long sleeve in the evenings. Chitwan is much hotter, even at night.

If you go to the mountains, like Nagarkot, you%26#39;ll need something warm, fleece and shawl, for the evening and early morning (watching the sunrise over the Himalaya%26#39;s).


Thanks, guys. Sounds like I%26#39;m probably going to be okay with the sort of things that I was thinking of taking. Probably will take a fleece to be on the safe side - you never know what you%26#39;ll be doing so better safe than sorry. It%26#39;s not like it%26#39;s the middle of nowhere so if we get caught out with the weather I%26#39;m sure we%26#39;ll be able to buy any necessary items.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease.


October is still quite warm and you are in the lower lying areas, so light layers with something like a fleece jacket should do nicely.

  • hair coloring
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment