Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Annapurna Circuit

Kia ora,





I am going to Kathmandu in October to do the Annapurna Circuit. I am going with Geckos Tour company. Has anyone been on one of their tours? What is it like?





Also can anyone give me some idea%26#39;s of what kind of clothing I should take and approximate temperatures during the day and night. Will I need full leather trekking boots or something lighter than that?





Thanks!





Annapurna Circuit


I%26#39;ve never heard of that tour company, so I can%26#39;t comment. Have they given you some suggestions of what clothing to take?





Will they be including porters to carry your pack? If so, you probably don%26#39;t need heavy-duty hiking boots. We saw some people hiking in running shoes. If you will be carrying your own pack, sturdy boots would probably be a good idea.





I went in October as well. At low elevations, we were hot and sticky wearing shorts, and we didn%26#39;t even zip up our sleeping bags at night. At higher elevations, it was much cooler and drier, especially in the shade. It was also very windy at Thorung La and snowing slightly. Taking several layers (polyester t-shirt, fleece, windbreaker, warm hat) is a good idea. We also bought a bar of laundry soap in Kathmandu so we could wash our clothes along the way.


  • makeup trends
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment