Tuesday, April 24, 2012

walking in October to EBC

Help. We are walking to EBC in October this year and would like some advice from anyone who has been there at that time of year. We are getting that much different advice on what clothes to take (windstopper jacket plus windstopper vest etc). We have our boots that are already worn in plus a few other things but would love some advice. Any hints at all about the whole walk would be good. We are stopping in tea houses along the way. Do they have showers of sorts????



Many thanks



walking in October to EBC


I did this trek 5 years ago in October. I have my notes at home, likely best if you email me directly so we can dialog. In general, great teahouses, some have warm showers, most have showers. I got sunburned most of the time on the way up, then above 16,000 it was very cold at night/early morning.



Take your time going up, I topped out on kala patar in 9-days and it was too fast up, lungs got very congested.



walking in October to EBC


k2kelley. Thanks for your answer but can%26#39;t email you. Popup keeps blocking. I will continue to check travel forum for any info you send. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment