Thursday, April 19, 2012

Visiting Everest Base Camp

I will be traveling to Nepal in October ... first trip. My mother will be joining me and has always wanted to see Everest Base camp. Is it possible to visit the base camp .. but not trek .. as she is unable? We really would be looking for a day turn around .. no overnight. Forgive my lack of knowledge. I really have not done much research for my trip yet ...





Visiting Everest Base Camp


Please see this thread:



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g424946-i9331-k160…



Visiting Everest Base Camp


Hello SunJones,





Pleased to hear that you and your mother love to see the Mt.Everest without trek.So, here I like to suggest you either you may take a mountainflight which is one and half hour by the small aircraft and there will be more or less 18 people together.Similarly this flight goes more than 16000ft hight and really near by the Mt.Everest.





As well as it should be depend on weather because generally weather get really nice in winter time and as you are coming to Nepal on Oct,so there are more possibilities to view the Everest clearly because you are flying early in the morning like 6.45am and back at 8.am,so you don%26#39;t have to spend a night.





Or if you are able to offord little more $ then I like to suggest you to hire the helicopter near Mt.Everest which is call Tyanboche and this is even more sufficient.



Please do write here for more details or send me your pm thank you..




I am thinking about a trip to base camp. I am mad about Mount Everest. Ideally I would love to climb but I do not have the necessary experience.



What is the best season for this Everest trek? I am trying to avoid the rainy season. I dont mind the cold weather. One other thing; what is the political situation? I have heard that ';Mao'; people stop people and charge $100 per head. Is that still true?

No comments:

Post a Comment