Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tennis Shoes for Day Hikes Around Kathmandu Valley?

Please advise...





Can I comfortably and safely take 2 or 3 day hikes of 8 to 10 miles each in the Kathmandu valley area WHILE WEARING TENNIS SHOES?





I am planning to spend about 5 days in the Kathmandu area in April. I travel very light...would probably only take 2 backpacks (int%26#39;l flight carry-on) for this 7-9 day trip. Hiking boots would be too bulky.





Just for some background...I routinely take 10 to 12 mile hikes 1 or 2 days per week. Also, I%26#39;ve hiked long distances in higher elevations (Rocky Mts., Mexico City), so that is not a concern.



Tennis Shoes for Day Hikes Around Kathmandu Valley?


If they%26#39;re comfortable, I don%26#39;t see why not. We saw lots of people hiking the Annapurna Circuit with running shoes. Local porters wear flip-flops. :)



Tennis Shoes for Day Hikes Around Kathmandu Valley?


Thank you jerm. :-)




No problem. I assume you won%26#39;t be carrying much during your dayhikes, otherwise boots might be a good idea.




Exactly. Probably just a mostly-empty backpack. Maybe some fruit or nuts. May gather some local small souvenirs along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment