Thursday, April 19, 2012

Is this safe/recommended?

I would like to trek to Everest Base Camp starting around the beginning of March. I was thinking of booking the tour when I get into Kathmandu and trekking to base camp and back in around 14 days. I am young and quite fit so I like the idea of trekking either by myself with a guide or small group so we can travel at a good pace. Is it safe and easy to find a reputable company/guide when I land in Kathmandu? Approximately how much a day can I expect to pay for the guide and lodgings each day? What other costs are there, like national park fees?





Thankyou very much in advance for answering any of these questions.



Is this safe/recommended?


Hello,





Yes it is possible to find a good company or guide once you have landed in Kathmandu but it will take a few good days work if you don%26#39;t already know which company to contact.





I presume you are going to do a ';lodge'; trekking. Accommodation in Everest area is not expensive if you are going to eat in the same lodge. I would say 600 - 700 Rs a day should be enough for food and accommodation. Any other expenditure is not included of course such as beer, coke, fags etc.





Hiring a guide in Kathmandu can be expensive for this trip as then you have to pay for his/her flight as well. You can find a guide in Lukla and I would say it might cost around 300 - 500 Rs per day (by the way even if the cost of hiring a guide may seem little more expensive, I think they worth the cost as these people really work hard and deserve every single Rs).





Other cost include: flight in and out of Lukla from Kathmandu (2500 to 3500 Rs single journey) airport departure tax (500-600 Rs), National park entrance fee (1000 Rs) and some tipping at the end of the trip and may be some cash for a ';last day of the trip Party!





The above amount might differ a bit as they are based on my last trip however they should not be that different.





Hope it helps.





San262



Is this safe/recommended?




Hello Getsomenuts





It is not a bad idea to book your tour after being in kathmandu, but i recommend you to confirmed about your trip from which company you want to go and how the price they charge and other, at least you have a time to compare with others. It is safe to find out reputable company and guide, usually for the guide and lodging charge is differ form company to company but about the national park fee you have to pay Neplease rupees 2000. I can only do recommendation if you want.





cheers



andrew




Sorry your National park fee is only Neplease Rupees 1000.


  • revlon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment