Wednesday, April 18, 2012

everest bc or gokyo ri trek

I am just about to book a trip for my husband and 2 friends of his for autumn 08. I will be using an agency as they do not have a whole lot of time to be organising things on arrival in Nepal. Can anyone recommend a company which is reliable and not a total rip off. Also, could a recommendation be made as to whether the EBC trip or the Gokyo Ri trek is more interesting . Thank you.



everest bc or gokyo ri trek


Two Nepal based companies I have used, who are sub contracted by Western companies are:



Highland Excursions Nepal Pvt Ltd



PO Box 12733 Baluwater



Kathmandu



Tel 4-413850/4-414783





and





Himalaya Expeditions Inc



PO Box 105



Kathmandu



Tel 4 22 66 22/4 257 257



email: info@himexnepal.com



www.himexnepal.com



Contact: Bhanu Sing Thakuri





Western based companies I have used in Nepal are World Expeditions and Himalayan Kingdoms. Both are highly efficient and recommended.





Both EBC and Gokyo Ri are great, but I would much rather do the Gokyo Ri one, especially if it combines Kala Pattar as well. The actual EBC is a dump. Either way, it will be great!



everest bc or gokyo ri trek


Thank you. The first company mentioned by you do not appear to have a web site. Is this correct ? I am inclined to agree with you about the Gokyo Ri Trek. It appears to be much more interesting.




I don%26#39;t think they do have a website. They are the company World Expeditions use, who are the best company I have travelled with. The guides and staff are great. We had a guide called Mani Raj who has worked with WE all over Nepal for years. I think they are really good employers and well as a good trekking company.





The views from Gokyo Ri and the lake is amazing. If you are really up for a challenge, check our The High Passes trek which takes in Gokyo Ri, Kala Pattar and 3 high passes including Cho La pass, which is out of this world.




unfortunately time is against them for the High Passes trip. Perhaps another time. Thank you for your help.




We did the Everest Circuit trek with Mountain Monarch in Nov/Dec. of 2007 and had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this route as the view from Gokyo Ri is stunning! You will also climb Kalapattar and go to EBC. I%26#39;m glad we didn%26#39;t just do the classic EBC route as I felt like the most stunning scenery was enroute from Gokyo Ri (over the Chola Pass) and into Kalapattar.

No comments:

Post a Comment